Print Swap Exhibition
Print Swap Exhibition: Photo Trail
Taking direct inspiration from Magnum photographer David Hurn’s Swaps exhibition and collection, the Northern Eye Photography Festival is running its own home-grown version of the Print Swap, with an added bonus of exhibititing your image during the festival fringe period (or displayed within Oriel Colwyn if small amount of entries).
In 2017 Wales is celebrating ‘The Year of Legends’ – based loosely on this theme we invite submissions on your own photographic interpretation of ‘legend‘. Subject matter does not need to be Welsh based.
Who is your legend?
What is your legend?
Where is your legend?
What do you find legendary?
Submissions will be taken electronically and are open internationally.
Entries will be printed for display in shop windows to form a 24/7 exhibition trail around the town of Colwyn Bay during the festival fringe fortnight (9th – 21st October).
At the exhibition end a random draw will be made and you will be paired with another photographer. You will then both be posted back each other’s photographic entry. Contact details (social media or email) of your ‘swap’ will be included (if in agreement) to allow you to open a dialogue with your swap photographer.
There is an entry fee of £10 per image. This fee covers printing up to A3 in size of your photograph and postage out of the ‘print swaps’ at the festival end.
To enter please pay your fee using the button at the bottom of the page:
Once you have received your email receipt please forward this proof of entry payment , along with your submission to email@example.com taking note of the below points:
- All images must be sized to fit within an A3 print area (297mm x 420 mm)
- Image must be correctly sized at 300dpi in sRGB colour space
- Supply a sentence about your ‘Legend’ for exhibition labelling
- Please indicate if you would like your details exchanged with your swap partner and in which form. (E.g. Twitter, Facebook, email etc.)
- You will retain full copyright on all images submitted.
- You agree to grant Northern Eye Festival use of your image in social media and press channels for the sole use of promotion the festival. Full credit will be given to the photographer. Your submission will be used to produce ONE physical print for the exhibition and swap.
- LAST DAY FOR ENTRY – All submissions must be received by 12:00 midday on Monday 25th September